I. Online Application
Apply online through the Office of Graduate Studies. If internet access is not available, a paper form may be requested by emailing email@example.com.
II. Supplemental Materials
All supplemental materials should be mailed to:
The College of New Jersey
Office of Graduate Studies
Trenton Hall, Room 109
2000 Pennington Road
Ewing, NJ 08628 USA
III. Application Fee
- The application fee is $75 (waived for students formerly enrolled at TCNJ).
- Checks or money orders with the applicant’s name printed on the front are payable to “The College of New Jersey.” Do not send cash. Payment will not be accepted by instructors on-site.
- Applications cannot be reviewed without payment of this fee, which is non-refundable.
- An official transcript is required from each college you have attended other than TCNJ.
- If your transcripts will be sent under a different last name (i.e. a maiden name), please inform The Office of Graduate Studies by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Transcripts are accepted as official when they are received in their original sealed envelope. Transcripts stamped as “Issued to Student” cannot be accepted as official.
- Students who attended a non-U.S. institution must have all educational documents evaluated by an accredited agency. For a list of accredited agencies, click here.
- Please provide a recommendation form to two individuals who can evaluate your academic performance, relevant work experience, and/or ability to pursue graduate study.
- Each recommender should mail the form directly to TCNJ or email a PDF to email@example.com.
VI. Student Essay
- Applicants must write a 1-2 page personal statement expressing professional goals, what they bring to international education, and reasons for wanting to enroll as a graduate student at TCNJ.
- The essay may be included with the supplemental documents noted above, uploaded through the online application, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment.
VII. Standardized Test Scores
EFFECTIVE FALL 2015, all candidates applying for an initial teacher certification must submit ONE of the following:
- Minimum of 4 on the analytical writing section and a combined score of 310 on the GRE (verbal and math)
- Minimum scores on the Praxis Core: Academic Skills for Educators Reading, Writing and Math tests:
Praxis Core Test Test Code Qualifying Score Reading 5712 156 Writing 5722 162 Mathematics 5732 150
- International applicants must also take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) if their native language is not English.
- All test scores should be sent to The College of New Jersey (Code #R2519).
- Plan to take the exam at least 2-3 weeks before the deadline.
- If you meet certain criteria, you may be eligible for a waiver. Click here for more information.
- Resume/CV may be uploaded through the online application.
IX. Copy of Teacher Certification
- Required for admission to programs leading to principal licensure only.
Information for certificate students moving on to the Master’s program:
If you have already completed your certificate program and are planning on continuing to the Master’s program, you will need to complete an application. To complete an application for the MEd, visit http://graduate.tcnj.edu/ and click the “Apply Now” button. Do not create a new account. Instead, you should login to the application account you created when you applied for matriculation into the certificate program. Then, start a new application for the Master’s program. Your login for the application account is not the same as your PAWS login. If you forget your password for the application account, you can enter the e-mail address that you used to open that account, click Forgot Password, and the system will e-mail you a new password. In completing the MEd application, please note that you will not need to submit an application fee, nor will you need to provide additional supplemental documents.
If you have any questions, please contact graduate studies email@example.com